Wisdom teeth giving you trouble? Book a consult with one of our friendly dentists today and we can assess your wisdom teeth. We have an OPG x-ray machine in our surgery, which means we can assess your wisdom teeth on the same day.
Do I need my Wisdom Teeth removed?
Not all wisdom teeth need to be removed – some may just need some preventative treatment to prevent flare-ups and infections while they are coming through. Others may need removal because there may not be enough space in the jaw for them to come through, or they may start to affect the neighbouring teeth. Our friendly dentists will be able to tell you how best to manage your wisdom teeth.
Need your Wisdom Teeth Out?
Check-out our pain free tooth extractions service.
Anxious about the procedure?
Learn more about dealing with dental anxiety.
Wisdom Tooth Pain?
Most people these days don’t have enough space for their wisdom teeth in their jawbone, which can cause:
- “Impacted” wisdom teeth which means they aren’t coming through straight
- Packing food against the tooth in front and creating a hole (decay)
- Partly erupted teeth which cause infections in the surrounding gums
Food or other debris may also be jammed around these teeth because:
- Wisdom teeth are really hard to clean as they’re so far back, and if they’re coming through at odd angles they’re even harder.
- This can cause decay in the wisdom teeth and the teeth they’re next to.
- Sometimes depending on their angle, it’s impossible to properly clean around them at home, so they get food stuck and the surrounding gums get infected.
You may also being experiencing trauma in surrounding areas. For example; your wisdom teeth may be sticking out at odd angles – this can cause chronic cheek-biting, or bite on the gums on the opposite side, your cheeks, tongue or surrounding gums.
What are wisdom teeth?
A wisdom tooth is the last of the three molars at the back of your mouth. These pesky teeth tend to erupt in your late teens or early twenties. Some people have four wisdom teeth (two on the bottom and two on the top) – but some people may not have them at all.
What’s the Process?
Wisdom Tooth Assessments
- Check tooth orientation, where they sit in the jaw, any potential issues they might be causing
- Assess the difficulty or need for Extraction
- Discuss the recovery time and how to plan it around your life
Short Term Pain Management
- We will discuss the specific causes of pain and how to manage it
- Tips for pain management when at home.
- Based on any complexities with your teeth and preferences for treatment.
- Understanding which procedure will suit you best – Whether to do them all at once, one side at a time, upper ones or lower ones
- Stepping you through preparation for your appointment, the expected recovery time and your after-care package.
- Post-Op Instructions – Very important! Please Read
- Spare Gauze
- Gel Icepack
- Cleaning Syringe – to help you keep the area clean
Wisdom Tooth Procedure Fees:
Book a Wisdom Teeth assessment
Make an appointment with one of our friendly dentists for a same day Wisdom tooth assessment.
More about Wisdom Teeth:
Unlike most of your body, teeth generally can’t heal. This is why it’s so important to protect your teeth - prevention is the best cure! Luckily, it’s not too hard to make sure your teeth are in tip top shape, leaving you to smile, eat, and speak with comfort and...
Pregnancy is a crazy time, and there's likely plenty on your mind! It's easy to forget things like looking after your teeth and mouth, but pregnancy can both have huge effects on your gum and teeth health, and vice versa - your oral health can have effects on your...